Saturday, August 23, 2014

Back to Work for Daddy

We were very sad that Daddy had to go back to work this week-especially on his birthday! Jarrett kept me busy though! He's been waking up about 6:30 or 7:00 and stays up until about 8:30ish when I can sneak in a shower. If I miss that window though- forget it! He naps off and on throughout the day and still wakes up every 2-3 hours to eat at night and stays up at least an hour each time. (Which is exhausting). I don't get much done during the day, but now that curriculum writing is over and school is about to start- I don't have much to do anyways! We take walks and cuddle and sometimes I try to cram in cooking a freezer meal or two. Cooking in the evening fussy hours doesn't work so much, so having ready made meals has been great. 


Jarrett had his one month check up this week. As you can see- he has grown! He's even fitting into some of his 3 month clothes now and the newborn outfits don't fit anymore. I need to make a note that scheduling a doctor's appointment for 9am when traveling by myself was a terrible idea. We had a tough time getting out of the house that day, but we made it!

We had a few visits from Zina, Heidi, Cousin April, Adam and Owen and Auntie Jaina. Everyone says he looks like his Daddy. 


He has decided he likes his swing now and it has been a blessing in the evenings. He just swings away and is very content. He really likes to look up at the mirror and mobile.
Jarrett and I had an outing to school on Thursday. We only stayed for a short bit to hand off some things to my substitute since we didn't make it in last week because of all the rain. My substitute is excited and eager and is looking forward to starting the year. Jamal, Jarrett and I went in on Saturday and really quickly set up some of the things in the room- so everything should be ready to go for her on Monday.



Jarrett was happy to have Daddy back home on Friday. They spent the day cuddling and catching up. We spent the evening hanging out with the neighbors as Daddy cut up some wood with the men and Jarrett got spoiled by the women. 

No comments:

Post a Comment