Saturday, January 27, 2018

June 21 Months

I have been meaning do to a round-up post on June for about 4 months now. She is now a feisty, loud, demanding, cuddly, talkative toddler. She loves to dance and sing, and play pretend. She loves to copy Jarrett, but I almost think he loves to copy her more.

June spends her days with Aunt Chris. They seem to go on lots of adventures from just everyday errands to weekly story times at the library. She is always very happy to see Jarrett when she gets home, unfortunately, he isn't always as happy to see her and usually just wants to be left alone for a bit.

Some of her favorites:

Toy: Little people, and bunny and elephant
Songs: Baa Baa Black Sheep
TV: Bubble Guppies (Especially the Guppy Style episode. This is our go-to when she is having a meltdown- she loves the songs)
Books: She likes all the Leslie Patricelli Books, like "Fa La La" and "Potty"
For fun: coloring, painting, dancing, pretending she is a dinosaur, playing 'sick', taking a bath, playing outside
Food: Strawberries and Milk

She does not like:

- getting in her carseat
-when Jarrett takes her toys
-sitting in her highchair at dinner


June has been sick quite a bit recently, with frequent ear infections, which makes her quite miserable, as well as everyone else. A trip to the ENT may be in order unfortunately.

June is cuddly and cute and loving, but also has a stubborn and feisty side.  She loves to tell us "no" and "I am mad (thanks Daniel Tiger)" and then laugh and walk away. She talks all the time and seems to understand everything. Some of her favorite lines recently have been:

"No Mommy, playing with Jarrett right now." (When I told her it was time to leave)
"No Mommy, I'm little" (This seems to be an excuse for anything she doesn't want to do.)
"I did it!"
"I just want to play a little bit" (Also, when trying to leave for work)
"I don't want it."
"Where's Jarrett?"
"Bunny- where are you?"














No comments:

Post a Comment