First, we decided to make some art work. I put some paint in a bag with some paper and zipped it up tight. Then Jarrett squished it around on the paper. His favorite technique was to shake the bag. After it dried, I cut it into some bunny shapes to make some Easter canvases. Jarrett was pleased with the final product, but mostly wanted to eat it. Daddy entertained us with some bubble blowing during the painting session.
We've also noticed that Jarrett also really likes to pull on strings on sweatshirts or our blinds. So, I made him a ribbon box that he could pull the ribbons through. He had some trouble though since the box was too big to hold in one hand, but he eventually figured out he could hold it with his feet.
I also made Jarrett (okay- maybe I was bored too) this sensory board with some different textures to play with. I was surprised at how much he liked this. His favorites were the blue bottle cap and the cardboard piece.
Today while I was doing dishes, I gave him some water in a cookie sheet and a few things to bang around. This kept him entertained for a bit and I expected him to be soaked, but only the bib got wet.
The neighbors built a gigantic snowman over the weekend, so Jarrett and I walked over to check that out as well. It was HUGE!
Even with all our activities, Jarrett still just enjoys playing on his mat and eating his socks. Or checking out the ceiling fan section at Lowe's.









You've been busy! So many cute ideas...I may have to try some!
ReplyDelete(And Isaac loves playing with measuring cups too. Maybe we should start a baby cooking club. The babies cook while we drink wine? Wishful thinking? Maybe some day.)
ReplyDelete