My due date was actually April 18th, and I had visited the doctor that day. She didn't seem to think baby girl was coming anytime soon so we were quite surprised when my water broke early that morning around 4:00am. My water never broke with Jarrett until at the hospital so this was a bit of a shock and a new experience! I wasn't having any contractions at that point, so when I called the doctor, she told me that I had some time and that I didn't need to rush to the hospital. So took some time getting ready, getting Jarrett up and then took him over to Aunt Chris' house before heading to GBMC.
We go to GBMC around 6:30ish I guess. I still wasn't having any contractions. At this point with Jarrett I was keeled over in the waiting room. It wasn't too busy so we only had to wait a few minutes before they took us back. My water had broken so we were admitted right away. Then came the long day of waiting...and waiting...and waiting. I finally started contractions around 9am. After I had enough of the pain, I got the epidural, which was far more painful than I remember. This anesthesiologist took a few more tries before he got it right. I was not pleased. But needless to say, after that it was smooth sailing for a while...until the epidural started to wear off. Fortunately, by this time we were getting ready to push. Just a few short pushes later, much like Jarrett- we had a baby girl!
We didn't get settled into our room until pretty late that night, and we were all pretty tired. The next day we just hung out with the little on and Jamal went and got Jarrett so he could visit his new sister. He wasn't all that interested and was far more interested in snuggling with his mommy and playing with the balloons.
Aunt Lee, Aunt Jaina, Great Grandma Val and Cousin Rosalind came to visit later that afternoon as well to meet Baby June.
I was feeling pretty good, and we were told we could go home, but we decided to stay one more night to rest. We left pretty early the next morning and were excited to get home to Jarrett.
Once we got home, Jarrett was a little more interested in June. He likes to give her kisses and play with her feet. He also will bring her a pacifier (which she doesn't want) and a blanket when he hears her cry. This was unprompted, so we assume he must have seen this done at daycare. He also talks to her in a very quiet sweet voice and says, "Hi Baby" or "Hi June" then he seems to ask her something and it always ends in "yes?" Not sure what he is asking. His bear, Gus, has also given her lots of kisses already. He does get a little jealous when someone is holding June for a bit too long and he will grab our fingers and try to pull us up and get in the chair with the two of us.
After a few days at home, we have managed to venture out a bit. Our first family of four outing was to Target (of course). Turns out, we didn't have any diapers or onesies that fit. We skipped the newborn stage with Jarrett, but she was too small to fit in any of the 0-3 month old clothes we had so we needed to pick up a few things.
We have also been to Barnes and Nobles and mommy and June even joined Jarrett at Farm Sprouts this week to learn about recycling. June slept the whole time and didn't even realize we went. We also stopped at the farm to fly a kite one windy afternoon.
We are all a bit sleep deprived around here. June likes to sleep in the morning (right about the time Jarrett gets up) and then starts becoming an eating machine in the afternoon and continues to want to eat nonstop until about midnight. Hoping that this will let up soon! Fortunately, Jarrett manages to sleep through all the middle of the night bustling around. Daddy has been keeping Jarrett entertained with an outing of some sort each morning to help tire him out for a good afternoon nap and to give Mommy and June some quiet time. We have even managed to have everyone napping a few times at the same time!
June hits two weeks on Tuesday and we will return to the doctor for another well visit. She lost some weight from birth as was expected. She has been eating well, so hoping that she has come back up to birth weight. Compared to Jarrett, she feels like a feather!
Jarrett (left) at one week. June (right) at one week.

















No comments:
Post a Comment