Saturday, January 17, 2015

6 months

It's hard to believe Jarrett has reached 6 months! Here's a few pictures from pictures from that day. He wasn't feeling especially excited about getting his picture taken and I had some poor lighting.  I woke him up from a nap when I picked him up from daycare, and it seemed like all he wanted to do was go back to sleep the rest of the afternoon. I rush to get to daycare to pick him up before this late afternoon catnap, and when I don't  make it in time, he falls asleep there and I have to wake him up to go home. This tends to throw off the rest of the evening for us.








He has been continuing to practice rolling over (often this is at night, and much to our dismay he gets stuck and screams out for us). We've also been practicing sitting up and he can sit in the tripod position for a few moments but hasn't quite mastered it yet.

He loves to grab his toes now and pull his socks off, which then go promptly into his mouth of course. He continues to soothe himself at night or when he is sleepy by sucking his thumb or his whole hand. He also enjoys his pacifier when trying to sleep.

He still doesn't have any teeth, but has been trying a few new foods every couple days. So far he has had baby oatmeal (not a winner), sweet potatoes (his favorite), green beans and peas. He now likes to hold his own bottle, except during the middle of the night feedings (or maybe I just like to cuddle him).



Some how he also manages to kick and play while eating, as you can see in this video. I couldn't figure out how to rotate it. Sorry.

We haven't had too many exciting adventures or outings lately since it has been so cold and there just hasn't been a whole lot of time with working and all. (Boo.) But we have managed to go out to dinner a few times with Jarrett in tow and he has been the perfect baby. We went to Tark's with some of Jamal's coworkers last night at about 6pm (Jarrett goes to bed at 7pm) so we were a little worried. But he just hung out in his infant carrier, playing with toys and laughing while we ate. 

Finally, just a few other cute pictures from the past couple weeks.






No comments:

Post a Comment